Thursday 29 May 2014

Student Vote Poster Assignment

Student Vote Poster
Original
      For this assignment I was inspired to do a peace symbol with my hands from the poster I have bellow, because I liked the concept of how your vote can create peace for our country by choosing the right representative to lead our government. In the poster that was my inspiration the hand is depicted through a sketch, so I wanted to modify that idea by taking a photo of an actual hand and change it into that same kind of black and white.
   
Inspiration
     My concept, as I mentioned above, is that each vote can make a difference towards a peaceful and just province. I used bold uppercase letters to grab the viewers attention, as well as the the slanted white strips and the focal point of the large peace sign which makes out the word vote. Vote is the largest word in my poster because my goal is to encourage students to vote for someone, above everything else. I chose to keep the entire poster in black and white because it stands out as being bold, but also represents balance and power that connects to the election because my poster is meant to encourage voting but not for any specific party. I decided to add the Ontario symbol because it reminds the viewers that they are voting for Ontario's representatives, not Canada's government, and used this specific font for all the words in my poster because it reminded me of Vogue which I thought would appeal to the teen audience my poster's trying to draw attention to.

No comments:

Post a Comment