Friday 7 February 2014

New Kid In School

     
     Meet the new kid in school, taken from the faces of Emily, Caz, and Shayla. I chose these three classmates because I was looking for three students with similar complexions so their features would look seamless and as natural as possible.
    I used Emily as my base face because I knew with her fair complexion I would be able to find two other girls to match. Her hair goes straight down the sides of her face so that also made it easier for me to work with, as opposed to starting with someone else who had hair in their face. That also made it a lot easier for me to color her hair after I replaced her eyes and mouth. 
    I decided to use Shayla's eyes because I wanted to incorporate her eyebrows as well. They worked as the perfect color to match what I planned to die Emily's hair, so instead of taking just Shayla's eyes, I took the whole area up to above the eyebrow and blended it into Emily's face. I was happy to see how her eyes fit just right between Emily's nose and how natural it looked. 
     Moving on to the mouth, I started off using Jaime's but found it didn't look quite right on Emily's face so I decided to try Caz's smile. It turns out it worked flawlessly between Emily's smile line and suited the 'new kid's' face quite well. 
     After finishing with the major features we had to change, I went back and added blush, took away Emily's freckles, and colored her hair dark brown to add more of a difference.


     Although I'm very pleased with my results, I had a lot of difficulty making the hair color look natural and I find it still looks sort of fuzzy. I spent a lot of time trying to get the color look just right, and couldn't seem to be able to do it. I'm sure I'm being just nit picky but if I were to do the assignment over I would definitely like to improve on finding ways to make the hair color look as natural as possible. 

    Overall I really enjoyed doing this assignment and I'm looking forward to doing the next one! 


2 comments:

  1. Teagan, this is an awesome posting. I love how you took the time to show the contributing faces. Your new kid looks very believable. I keep thinking that I've seen these kids in the hallway:) The features are well placed and the hair colour looks authentic because the texture still shows.

    Some grammar issues to consider include;
    - don't use numerals for words
    - starta new paragraph for each new topic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs. Reidel! I've made corrections to the errors you suggested as well.

      Delete