Wednesday 26 February 2014

Face Overlay

Nightmares
  For this photo I started by taking textures of blood, scrapped skin, and cuts to use as overlays on my face after I removed the background. I converted every layer to black and white, and added a dark wall background which I burned to give it the vignette effect. The eyes took a lot of time, and was definitely my biggest challenge while creating this image. I used several layers to fill the eyes in black, burned the eyelid area to make it look more natural, and duplicated the refection of the eye so a reflection showed through. Still, the effect was too strong so I changed the mode to screen and adjusted the levels of that difference and I was very happy with the results! After I added the other images and adjusted the way they laid on my skin, changed their modes depending on my desired effect, and erased excess parts so that they blended with my skin.
     I felt I was very successful with what I wanted to do for this image, and I am very happy with the final results. Did I scare you? 
*Note - Mrs. Reidel, just a reminder I already showed you my orginal picture and did not want to post them on my blog.

One With Earth
Inspiration Idea
For my additional image, I took my idea from this photo which I thought was a really interesting concept. I faded the earth in the background so it wasn't taking away from my face because that was my desired focal point for the picture. Then I  took the same picture of the Earth and overlayed it on my face, and changed the mode to multiply. I was having a lot of difficulties finding a way to use the Earth on my face in a way that looked appealing, and using the multiply mode was my best option for a very strong image. 
     Overall I'm fairly happy with the results of this image, but I prefer my first photo much more. 

2 comments:

  1. Once again you've produced a highly successful project Teagan. I'm not sure what your are referring to by "multiplying mode" and I'd like you to explain it to me when we have time.
    You level of technical expertise is impressive, but even more notable is your creativity and ingenuity. I am setting tasks at an introductory level suitable for "first year" Media Arts students, and you are producing work at an advanced level. Please continue to take the tasks as far as you are able. I don't want you to get bored, so let me know if you need an extra challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you very much, and I'd love an extra challenge! As for the multiplying mode, I just meant to say I changed the mode of specific layers to multiply.

      Delete